PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ActiveX Object

magicyte
07-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I created an online text editor that will take the value of a text area and transforms it into an iframe to make the iframe contain the text area's HTML code. There is a slight problem. I included a .txt file so that the user can save the code using AJAX. When the page reloads, the text area is refilled with the user's previous code. One little problem though: when the page loads, a window pops up and asks the user if they want ActiveX objects to interact with the page. There is no interaction with the user's files. Like I said before, I included a .txt file so that the user could save the code and reload it, though this file does not belong on thier computer. Is there any possible way to revert the effect with the popup window? Thanks to the first person who can answer this question well in advance!

-magicyte

jscheuer1
07-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't think so, that's governed by the user's security settings. The text file is going on their hard drive, so it is a concern, though perfectly innocent in this case, one would hope. However, it is precisely the same (as far as the browser can tell) as one method used by malicious code to infect computers with malware, viruses and/or trojans.

magicyte
07-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks.

-magiycte