PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 8 - busted image slideshow script

wannabegeek
07-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Hi,
So I have been notified that Internet Explorer 8 is on it's way and I downloaded the beta version to see what will break on it. The slideshow which you can find here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/dropitslide.htm does not function correctly in IE8. Wondering who has the fix for this?

jscheuer1
07-04-2008, 05:57 AM
It may be as simple as throwing IE 8 into quirks mode. However, I'm not aware of any way to do that for IE 8 only. But there are bound to be one or more methods devised if there haven't been already.

It also could be a situation where the script already accounts for problems in earlier versions of IE that are fixed in IE 8, coupled with an inability on the part of the script to recognise a version of IE that doesn't have those problems. That happened a lot when IE 7 came out and was usually fairly easy to fix.

I waited to upgrade to IE 7 until it was released as part of Automatic Update and will probably do so with 8. Any problems with the browser could be different in the official release version, and it seems a waste of time to me to try to write code for a browser that isn't officially released yet.

The way I look at it, folks who use a beta are asking for problems, let them have them.