PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted bottom border in Blending Image Slideshow

Franco50
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
1) Script Title: Blending Image Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/image4.htm

3) Describe problem: I am in the process of creating a website using a blending slideshow and have put together two test pages, one using the Blending Image Slideshow and the other with the Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow (v1.51). My preference is for the former as I like the longer transition delay but if you click on the first link below and look at Pics 4-7 in the slideshow there is an annoying gap at the foot of the pics - ideally I want the bottom edge of the image to be as close to the green menu bar as possible. I have the only reference to a border setting in the script already set to 0 and can't see any other way of adjusting this. The second link below takes you to a sample page using the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow and the pics in this one are displaying how I want them to be, i.e. hardly any white gap below pics 4-7 - except I don't like the faster transition between the slides this script uses.

So the bottom line questions I have are (a) is there a way I can get rid of the gap which shows up under Pics 4-7 using Blending Image Slideshow OR (b) is there a way I can slow down the transitions if using Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow.

SORRY - Unable to upload my testpages at the moment. Will do so asap!! Should have done this before posting here.

jscheuer1
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Blending Image only has a transitional effect in IE. Ultimate Fade-in has a transition in all browsers that support any type of opacity style. The durtion of the effect in Ultimate Fade-in my be adjusted. To adjust, see:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24003

As a side note, the Ultimate Fade-in script is a better script (due to its cross browser fade, its optional pause, random, and multi use capabilities). It also degrades well in browsers that don't support any of its fancy features.

Franco50
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
John - many thanks. I have just uploaded my test pages and discovered that the Blending Image example doesn't 'blend' in Firefox! I'll check out that link you gave me for the transition delay and stick with the Ultimate Slideshow.

Thanks for your quick response (as ever). ;)