PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Tablist

bilogik
06-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi,

I am working on the tabbed document viewer , the link for it is here.

In this the tablist is horizontal,where the tabs are on the top of the iframe

What should I do make the tablist vertical , aligned to the left-side of the iframe ?...am pretty lost :confused:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/tabdocviewer.htm

I saw that the "display:inline" property is used to set it horizontally, but i wasnot able to find one for aligning it vertically.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
:)

jscheuer1
06-22-2005, 06:27 AM
As support for vertical display of text is spotty in the various browsers, you would be better off using small images.

bilogik
06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
thanks for the reply

mwinter
06-22-2005, 06:09 PM
What should I do make the tablist vertical , aligned to the left-side of the iframe ?Do you mean, have the tabs underneath one another, or oriented vertically (rotated 90 degrees), like John seems to think?

Mike

jscheuer1
06-22-2005, 07:51 PM
I didn't post that!

mwinter
06-22-2005, 09:44 PM
I didn't post that!Then what does 'vertical display of text' mean?

Everything so far has been very ambiguous...

Mike

jscheuer1
06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Mike, the OP seems to be following, or was. Anyways, vertical text goes from top to bottom or from bottom to top, nes pa? It could be oriented various ways as well. For a tab, the ideal method would be from bottom to top with each character rotated 90deg. to the left of its normal upright orientation. What you probably want to know is the specific method I was referring to. Problem is that there is none that I am aware of that is reliable without becoming cumbersome when the styling of the displayed text is also desired. A small graphic solves all this.

Oh, and just for the record, my only posts in this thread before this one were:
As support for vertical display of text is spotty in the various browsers, you would be better off using small images.and:
I didn't post that!which was in response to you attributing the below to me:
What should I do make the tablist vertical , aligned to the left-side of the iframe ?

mwinter
06-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh, and just for the record [...] "I didn't post that!" [...] was in response to you attributing [something to me incorrectly]Oh, I see. I'm less confused now. :)

I thought you meant that you weren't implying rotating text. I didn't realise that I attributed you to the OP's text. I probably started replying to you, but then decided to reply directly to the OP instead, and didn't change the attribution. Sorry about that. :o

Mike