PDA

View Full Version : Change the size of the scroll area

brianstanek
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
I am trying to create a UI where the content is scrolled in an isolated region on the page. I have seen this in the past, but I am having a little trouble with the scrolling. I can use this script that gives me the scrolling:

<ilayer name="scroll1" width=170 height=150 clip="0,0,170,150">
<layer name="scroll2" width=170 height=150 bgColor="lightyellow">
<div id="scroll3" style="width:170px;height:150px;background-color:lightyellow;overflow:scroll">
<big>T</big>his is a cool script that allows you to compact any content and confine it within a scrollable mini "window" Save valuable document space while making your page more "interactive", all at the same time! This script uses two different techniques- one for IE, one for NS- to create the scrollable window. Scrollbars will be available to IE 4 users to scroll the window, while NS users will need to use the "up" and "down" buttons instead (since NS does not support the adding of scrollbars to contents).
</div>
</layer>
</ilayer>

That works but I would like the scrolling region to take up all available space in a table. The table uses percentages to fill up it's portion of the screen but the scrolling region cannot use percentages. If you put 100% in the height, it will not scroll. I want the region to automatically resize itself when the user adjusts their browser window.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers,

Brian