PDA

View Full Version : cannot have a transparent background in content slider.. help!

toolman
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
1) Script Title: Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi there,

I have a content glider script, but I have added it to a wrapper with a background image.

The css is using a white background colour so when a new layer is glided up, it covers the one underneath it. However, I want the background to be transparent to show the background image underneath....

If I remove the white background, they layers become transparent and overlay each other, so you can see all text in the layers on top of each other making it impossible to read.

Is there anyway I can make it so it has a transparent background, but so it will not show the content under the new slide?

This is my CSS:

.glidecontentwrapper{
position: relative; /* Do not change this value */

height: 230px; /* Set height to be able to contain height of largest content shown*/

overflow: hidden;
}
/*
Total wrapper width: 350px+5px+5px=360px
Or width of wrapper div itself plus any left and right CSS border and padding
Adjust related containers below according to comments
*/

.glidecontent{ /*style for each glide content DIV within wrapper.*/
position: absolute; /* Do not change this value */
background: white;
visibility: hidden;
width: 330px;
}
/*
Total glidecontent width: 330px+10px+10px=350px
Or width of wrapper div itself (not counting wrapper border/padding)
*/

.glidecontenttoggler{ /*style for DIV used to contain toggler links. */
width: 360px;
margin-top: 6px;
text-align: center; /*How to align pagination links: "left", "center", or "right"
background: white; /*always declare an explicit background color for fade effect to properly render in IE*/
}

Any help would be great!
Thanks.