PDA

View Full Version : Looking for script to remove window toolbars

TopazBlue
06-21-2005, 01:42 AM
HI,

I'm trying to find a script to remove the toolbars at the top of the browser window but not for when you open a link on my site but when you get to the first entry page. Is there a script that works for when the page is loading?
I keep finding scripts to open popup windows where you can choose what toolbars to have on it but I can't find anything for when people get to my first page that the page just loads without the toolbars. Is there a script or some kind of coding that can do that?

Any help would be appreciated :)
Regards,
Andrea

jscheuer1
06-21-2005, 08:05 AM
There really isn't a way to do this what with modern browsers almost always on the lookout for what they consider to be pop-ups. You have to have at least one page that displays in the user's normal browser configuration. It only has to have one link on it. This link can say something like:

"Click to Enter"

and can use many of these scripts you are talking about. Even so, different browsers may react in different ways, depending upon the script you use and how you use it. These scripts that you are talking about, many of them do not open true pop-ups. If they did, they would be blocked by browsers. What they do is launch a link in a new window. If the user doesn't click on the link, then it is a pop-up and will likely get blocked.