PDA

View Full Version : DD shrunk my flash drive...

kalestilez
06-26-2008, 01:16 AM
so i was using DD to make a patchstick out of my 4GB flash drive, and now the drive only reads as 122MB even after reformatting. How can i fix this??? Thanks for any help, i'm pretty new to this. -Kale

ddadmin
06-26-2008, 06:49 AM
I hope you don't mean DD as in "Dynamic Drive" this web site? lol Please clarify.

boogyman
06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
This site doesn't provide any computer code that could do that to your, or anyone's computer drive for that matter.

Some of the computer code (scripts) on here may take up space, however if you reformat there is no reason why those scripts wouldn't be erased and you would have full access to that space on whatever storage device you were working with.

djr33
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd suspect it's this. No idea what to do about it, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)

tfit
08-09-2008, 05:48 AM
so i was using DD to make a patchstick out of my 4GB flash drive, and now the drive only reads as 122MB even after reformatting. How can i fix this??? Thanks for any help, i'm pretty new to this. -Kale

Is your input the source not the problem and what setting you used with bs? Anyway the only way to get the full amount of the disk back I only know how the do under windows. If you search for hp usb format tool you can format the drive and try it again.