PDA

View Full Version : How to remove operating system from Harddrive ?

Hb-Tech
06-21-2008, 09:03 AM
I am using Multiple operating system in my computer and i want to remove 1 operating system which is linux, Have any idea How can I removed my 2nd operating from my computer hard drive?

DimX
06-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Use a partition manager from another OS (eg. Partition Magic in case of Windows or G/KParted in case of Linux) to delete the partition with the OS you wish to get rid of.

newagesmb
07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
It is very easy... insert any OS cd in the drive and make sure that this drive as booted as primary mode. After that the system is reading from the cd drive there is lots of options are there to install, repaire and remove the OS from your computer. Do it very carefully.

Hanky58
07-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Screwdriver and a hammer=)

tfit
07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Screwdriver and a hammer=)

:p More permanent than fdisk, but fdisk is safer.

motormichael12
07-27-2008, 12:51 PM
:p More permanent than fdisk, but fdisk is safer.

Says you xD

benslayton
07-28-2008, 03:47 AM
Boot up to your linux cd/dvd there should be a partition manager on there.. Use that...

sasaboor
12-14-2009, 08:02 AM
hello!
just open the drive in which u installed the os (linux)
then delete the "windows" folder which u think is of linux
to check the windows folder go to start,run type %windir% and then click OK
dont delete this folder
delete another folder named as windows.0 or something else
then right click system goto properties and then click advanced tab open settings in startup and recovery in this box check out the "time to display list of operating systems"
THATS IT u HAV DONE:)

twQ
12-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I didnt see it mentioned here but after formatting the partition with the Linux on it you will probably need to fix the MBR. Here is a site that describes this process in detail. It's pretty straightforward don't worry. http://www.hddoctor.net/fix-mbr-in-windows-xp-and-vista-by-yourself/

EDIT: Unless I'm confused in one part you say you want to remove the LINUX in the other part you say you wanna remove the SECOND. If you wanna remove the Windows install simply format the partition.

Tim