PDA

View Full Version : could unused folders be deleted from c drive "program files" folder

jiam1
06-21-2008, 05:39 AM
The following files are found in my c drive "program files" folder which I am not in use. I thought of deleting them (to save space) using the control panel "add or remove program" but they are not listed there.

May I know if I could delete the following folders from the c drive "program files" folder direct? Will there be any complications to other programs?

extra cut, GoldWave, grisoft, kgfy, MSN Gaming Zone, NextLink, No Right Click, RM Converter, Ultra Video To Flash Converter

Thanking in advance for your advice.

tfit
08-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Some of the programs will have an uninstaller in the folder:
rm converter/Ultra Video To Flash Converter has one I think. goldwave you can just delete. The others I don't know.

jscheuer1
08-09-2008, 08:36 AM
If you've already removed the programs using add/remove or by actually deleting all of the program's files, yes you can delete the empty folders left behind as long as there are no hidden protected files in them, and the folders themselves are not protected from deletion.

Creative_Savy1
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
You could delete any unused folder if you have uninstalled it from the Add/Remove Programs dialog box( a kind of icon) available in control panel.
You should verify and check the folder accondingly.

For any data or disaster recovery help refer to the following site:-
http://www.***************

magicyte
08-28-2008, 10:48 PM
If what you have done doesn't work, search for the files using Search. If you don't find the files, they are already deleted and the icons still remain.

-magicyte