PDA

View Full Version : Image Thumbnail viewer Text

neilv
06-21-2008, 01:13 AM
1) Script Title: Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am new to web building and am only building my own site, that said I have used your Image Thumbnail Viewer and it works exactly as I want except I can not make it show text.

Is there script I need to change?
Where does it source the text from?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Jas
06-21-2008, 01:21 AM
You mean like:

As mentioned in the intro, to use this script, just give the link on the page a rel="thumbnail" declaration, with the "href" pointing to the URL to the enlarged image. If the link contains a "title" attribute, its value will be used as the image's description:

<a href="castle.gif" rel="thumbnail" title="This is beautiful castle for sale!">Castle</a>

The title attribute on the image tag adds text to the image.

jscheuer1
06-21-2008, 01:30 AM
My best guess, assuming you've done everything else right (a reasonable assumption if the script is working for you), is that you have something like white text on a white background or black text on a black background as far as the caption goes. This is governed by the overall styles (how they all work together as far as the caption text goes) of your page.

If this is the issue, you should be able to drag the the mouse (with its left button depressed) over the otherwise invisible caption - the universal 'mouse highlight text move' - and the text will appear.

But, it could be many things. If the ideas I presented here don't resolve this issue for you:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

neilv
06-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks, it was the colour. When I passed over with the mouse it would appear and then stay even when I closed and reopened the window.

I have a black background and my normal text is set to white how can I change the colour on just the text in that attribute.

The site is on my email servers site while I am building it. The images at the moment are just test ones but they work.

http://home.exetel.com.au/neil_vincent/gallery%20macro.html

Thanks again

Neil

jscheuer1
06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
In your thumbnailviewer.css stylesheet:

#thumbBox #thumbImage{ /*DIV within thumbbox that holds the enlarged image */
background-color: white;
color:#000;
}

But you might want to go with something more like:

#thumbBox #thumbImage{ /*DIV within thumbbox that holds the enlarged image */