PDA

View Full Version : Help with Drop In Text Box Please...

dtljr
06-20-2005, 06:40 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dropinbox.htm

Hi. How can I change the script so the menu drops down on exit instead of onload AND make sure it closes when a surfer clicks on a link inside it??

Thank you for your time.

Dave
Las Vegas

jscheuer1
06-20-2005, 07:09 AM
This is a content box, not a menu. You could make a menu be its contents. Now, to drop on exit (the technical term is 'onunload'), would be pointless but, it will be hard to explain why unless you already know. I'll try:

This box is a part of the page that it drops down over. When the page goes away, so does the box.

That was easier than I thought, please accept my apologies. Anyways, to get the effect of having this box drop down on exit of one page, have it drop down when the next page loads. To get it to disappear when a link on it is clicked, just don't have a box on the page that the link goes to. If the link doesn't load a new page into the current window, give the link an onclick event equivalent to the close box command, ex:

<a href="some.htm" target="_blank" onClick="dismissbox();return true">Click to Launch Some Page in a New Window and Close this Box</a>