PDA

View Full Version : IE7 onLoad?

jlizarraga
06-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone. I use a lot of Flash in my designs, and I like to have them wait until the page is loaded to start playing. I use the body onLoad to accomplish this. In IE6, onLoad only fires *after* background images were downloaded. In FF2, background images are not considered when firing onLoad. From many a forum post found through google I found that it was FF2 that was behaving badly, and that the correct browser behavior was to wait for those background images. Complaints and bug reports were made to Mozilla, and now FF3 waits for the background images before firing onLoad.

But IE7 seems to have moved backward from IE6? It seems like IE7 does not wait for background images when firing onLoad. Is this correct? Do I have the wrong idea about this whole issue?

Any insight greatly appreciated!

jscheuer1
06-20-2008, 04:03 AM
I'm not making any promises, but you could try window.onload instead as well as window.attachEvent(). If you use window.attachEvent(), you also need window.addEventListener() for those browsers which support it and not the attachEvent method - basically (with one or two exceptions) all but IE.