View Full Version : Active X Security Issues

strive_struggle
06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
1) Script Title:
Any script
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/image5.htm
3) Describe problem:
i have a problem in which the scripts and codes that i am using always cause internet explorer to make the little yellow security warning pop up at the top of the browser. i know this can be changed by changing security settings but the problem is that other people may have higher settings that wont allow them to run the scripts and active x controls without annoyingly having to accept the scripts and the yellow warning pops up every time for every page. The site will be viewed by older viewers mostly not computer literate so if they see a warning sign they will automatically press no which will not allow the page to be displayed properly.

I also ask this question because it does not show up when i get the scripts from this website or while viewing the demos. it only shows up once the scripts are used in codes on my pages. is there a way where i can allow the scripts to run withouth that message popping up. because it makes the site really annoying to deal with when the security message pops every thime you click a new page.

thank you.

jscheuer1
06-13-2008, 07:56 AM
If you were to publish (upload to a live host) your page, it will no longer have that warning. That's just a local security feature. There used to be a way to override it. However, with the more recent versions of IE, even that no longer works. But, as I say, it is only a local security feature and will go away once the page is live. For local testing, once you have a window (or tab, if using tabs) approved for scripts, you can load any page with scripts into that window or tab without seeing the warning.

This raises another issue though. You should probably get another browser. Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/) is a good one. It will not have this problem and is generally a safer browser to use for surfing the internet. I use IE only for testing and for trusted sites.

strive_struggle
06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
thank you. i really appreciate your reply