PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

leh12345678
06-08-2008, 11:11 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am using the "Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow" code to randomly rotate the animated gifs. In other words, the gifs are animated by themselves but the slideshow also displays them in a random fashion.

Though the first animation "animates" just fine, the second animated gif goes directly to the last frame and does not animate at all.

There is a js file that is responsible for the animation behavior. I would like to know what I have to change/add to the js file to have each animation start at the beginning and ago through their anomation, one after the other?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Linda

jscheuer1
06-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I'd have to think about this a bit more, and it would help to have a link to your page so that I could see the problem - both to be sure that the cause is what I think it is.

What I think is happening is that the slideshow loads the images ahead of time so that they will be ready when needed. But with an animated .gif, it starts playing the moment it is loaded. If it isn't displayed until later, it will be on its last frame, or at least well on its way.

I'm not sure of a good solution. One thing I would try is making (save) each individual animated .gif as an endlessly looping animation. But even though this should help, the precise timing might not be what you are looking for. A lot would depend upon how critical it is that each individual animation run (or appear to run) from one particular point to another.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.