PDA

View Full Version : Translucent scroller

backlasher55
06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
1) Script Title: Translucent Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/translucentscroll.htm

3) Describe problem:
I'm using the Translucent Scroller from the link above , I have placed it inside of a table and it works great in Firefox ,but in IE it shows only 1/2 of the messages (in width)., with them being shoved to the right of the box.
I can make them all move to the left but I want it to show as it does in Firefox for both browsers.
I've been playing with this trying to find the problem but can not.
Here is the link where the script is being used,
http://www.bassintips.com
Is there a way to fix my problem or errors?

Thanks in advance fro any help.
Take Care All

Minos
06-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Okie dokie, this is a somewhat easy fix.

Step 1: Line #385 - Remove [align="center"] From BOTH the <table> and <td> tags.

Step 2: Line #424 - (Yes, I know it says don't edit, it lies). Find this part, keeping in mind that you are only looking for id's canvas0 and canvas1:

<div id="canvas0" style="position:absolute;background-color:'+bgcolor+';width:'+scroller_width+';height:'+scroller_height+';top:'+scroller_height+';filter:alpha(opacity=20);-moz-opacity:0.2;"></div><div id="canvas1" style="position:absolute;background-color:'+bgcolor+';width:'+scroller_width+';height:'+scroller_height+';top:'+scroller_height+';filter:alpha(opacity=20);-moz-opacity:0.2;"></div></div>

And add text-align:center; after position:absolute; Should look like so:

<div id="canvas0" style="position:absolute;text-align:center;background-color:'+bgcolor+';width:'+scroller_width+';height:'+scroller_height+';top:'+scroller_height+';filter:alpha(opacity=20);-moz-opacity:0.2;"></div><div id="canvas1" style="position:absolute;text-align:center;background-color:'+bgcolor+';width:'+scroller_width+';height:'+scroller_height+';top:'+scroller_height+';filter:alpha(opacity=20);-moz-opacity:0.2;"></div></div>

backlasher55
06-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Minos,
Thank you very much for your assistance,
I appreciate your help,that fixed my problem
Take Care