PDA

View Full Version : UN block

balusamy
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi All

I am using one pop up window in my project, when I open that project the browser asking blocked this window , So I click temporary allow this project link then only I can access project.

I need help without click that link open my project. How to solve this problem

Kindly help this.

Regards
Balusamy

Nile
06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
You can't solve this problem. Pop-ups are pop-ups and will be blocked.

Medyman
06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi All

I am using one pop up window in my project, when I open that project the browser asking blocked this window , So I click temporary allow this project link then only I can access project.

I need help without click that link open my project. How to solve this problem

Kindly help this.

Regards
Balusamy

If you just want to fix the problem on the computer you're using, you can add that domain to your safe list.

balusamy
06-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi

Thanks for your comments.

Any chance we can control from coding (Php or Javascript)

Thanks
Balusamy

jscheuer1
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
You can't solve this problem. Pop-ups are pop-ups and will be blocked.

This is true. However, if you are willing to have some few users be blocked, what you can do is have a splash page with an image and some text that accurately represents what the site is about, the text is for search engines, as this splash page will be your index page. On that index you have one link (you could have more, each leading to a key area of the project) to the real beginning of your site:

<a href="page1.htm" target="mysite"
onclick="window.open(this.href, this.target, 'width=600, height=450');return false;">[ENTER]</a>

The href can be whatever the page is really named, and the target can be whatever you like, this simply names the pop up window so that it can be reused by other links with the same target. As long as the target is always the same, whatever they click on from the splash page will load in the same pop up. The part with 'width=600, height=450' is known as the specifications - you can have any valid specifications there you want, though some valid ones are now controlled by browser security features. You can even use this type of link throughout the project to make sure people get into your pop up if they navigate to one of its sub-pages via a search engine link or whatever, and/or you can have scripts on those pages that will replace them with your splash page if the window name isn't what's specified as the target.

This type of pop up is known as 'user initiated', and will only be blocked by the most aggressive pop up blockers. But pop up blockers may become more aggressive in the future.

Doing it this way isn't the best idea for a site where you want the best SEO and high traffic though, for obvious reasons. But there is no other way to avoid pop up blocking, and as I say - even this method will be blocked sometimes. For better SEO and higher potential traffic, you would need to abandon any sort of pop up approach.

Generally there is no need to ever do this sort of thing unless your site is so poorly designed that it requires a particular size of window to contain it.

balusamy
06-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi

I am using this code , when i open this project I was calling body onload in this function.

That time I face this problem.

<body onLoad="launchwin(); return false;">

function launchwin()
{
newwin = window.open('sss.html','newwindow','left=150,height=900,width=720,scrollbars=yes');
if(javascript_version > 1.0)
{
setTimeout('newwin.focus();',250);
}
}

How to solve without clieck unblock button.

Thanks
Balusamy

jscheuer1
06-02-2008, 01:49 PM
<body onLoad="launchwin(); return false;">

function launchwin()
{
newwin = window.open('sss.html','newwindow','left=150,height=900,width=720,scrollbars=yes');
if(javascript_version > 1.0)
{
setTimeout('newwin.focus();',250);
}
}

How to solve without clieck unblock button.

Pop ups initiated via onload, basically by anything that isn't a button or link or something that the user can click on are blocked. Sometimes even those are blocked. See my previous post in this thread for how to do a 'user initiated' pop up.