PDA

View Full Version : script within a script?

cybershot
06-02-2008, 03:06 AM
1) Script Title: drop down content

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dropinbox.htm

3) Describe problem: I have this script working good on my page. I also have another script called lightbox working in other pages. My problem is that when i try to use the lightbox in an image that is within the content drop down script, the lightbox does not show. Is there a know issue that i am unaware of?

jscheuer1
06-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Lightbox initializes its links onload. If the other script creates links after that, they won't be initialized. There are various versions of lightbox. Usually any of these can be integrated with another script, though not always easily. The best method would depend upon this other script, the version of lightbox being used, and what exactly you want lightbox to do (some versions of lightbox can do groups).

cybershot
06-02-2008, 04:16 AM
well the drop down script does do the onload thing you were talking about. But it just dawned on me that maybe I could solve the problem by having the files loaded after the javascript files that handles the drop down content. and that seems to have fixed it. so now it does work. I just moved the code for the lightbox to then end of the head section and all is good.