PDA

View Full Version : Using Image maker

acerview54
05-31-2008, 04:50 AM
I apologise for placing this posting here but I cannot see an alternative forum.

I am trying to use 'Button Maker Online' with non-Latin Fonts, for example Greek, Turkish etc. but the system is responding with 'Error' in the image.

Is there anyway that I can make buttons in non-Latin fonts?

Here is an example of the type of font I am trying to use: Συνεργάτες .

Thank you.

jscheuer1
05-31-2008, 05:56 AM
I'm not sure of the exact problem. In FF I get:

ERROR

But in Opera I get a button with ? marks on it instead of the (Greek? Cyrillic? whatever) text characters.

I think it has something to do with the character set supported for that page by the server. If so, there's not much you or I can do about it. I can set the encoding in Opera, but without knowing the precise charset encoding to use, I can't seem to get it to do anything different, and it might not matter if the server doesn't support it.

It's a pretty easy matter though to make your own button, or you could make a blank button in the button maker and then add your own text in Photo Shop, Paint Shop, or The Gimp.

ddadmin
05-31-2008, 06:18 AM
The tool only supports the two listed fonts right now unfortunately. Like John said, the best solution I can think of now is just to create a blank button using the tool, then overlap it with the text you want shown using PSP or the free Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/)