PDA

View Full Version : slideshow issues

damnitsux2bu
05-29-2008, 02:29 AM
I used a slideshow from another site, and go figure, their forum isn't even accessible. So I figured, I'd ask you guys, since there never seems to be an issue that isn't able to be fixed.:D

For some reason, the filmstrip won't slide and the pictures won't load. The pictures are referenced correctly, however the gallery itself is too large to include in the zip file. Hopefully, this is enough information to help solve this one. Can someone tell me what I missed? Thank you so much for your help in advance.

noob_developer
05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
It looks like the pictures need to be in a folder named images located in the same directory as the wildlife.html page. When I created that folder and placed the images inside I got it to work, or, at least got it to show the images.

damnitsux2bu
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I thought that might be the case, but i wasn't sure. I tend to organize my images better, but I suppose I'll have to be more lax with this particular one. Thanks so much for your help!!!:)

damnitsux2bu
05-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Well, I got home and tried what you had suggested, and am still getting the same errors. I put the images in the images folder, but am still getting the same result. I included the changes made. This is getting a bit frustrating. I very much appreciate all help!!!

rangana
05-30-2008, 01:57 AM
First, you had an incomplete DTD (http://alistapart.com/articles/doctype). Change this part in your markups:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

to:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Secondly, you are calling an image in the images folder, which is not in your file...and I"m uncertain about how your folder (in reality) is layed out.

See attachments.

Up the rest of your images (wildlife_01.jpg to wildlife_09.jpg)..and more.

P.S., you had a quite a number of deprecated attributes (http://www.codehelp.co.uk/html/deprecated.html) :(

Hope that helps.

damnitsux2bu
05-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. The images folder was too large to attach, however the images are referenced accurately. As for the DTD, I tried it both ways, and saw no difference. I'm going to attach the original version of this page (the example that came with the script). Maybe that'll help. Again, thank you.

rangana
05-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Could you zip in your file (complete), the ones having all the images. I'll whip it in the right place for you.

damnitsux2bu
05-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Here you go. It'll have to be in pieces. I'll post the rest in a sec.

damnitsux2bu
05-31-2008, 02:56 AM
more images

damnitsux2bu
05-31-2008, 02:58 AM
the rest...

rangana
05-31-2008, 06:57 AM
I've got all your images in. Could you provide a link to where you get this script?..

kennard
05-31-2008, 07:17 AM
is it working now?

damnitsux2bu
05-31-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?whichScript=image_slideshow

rangana
06-03-2008, 01:16 AM
The error is because you missed this div:

<div id="largeImageCaption">This is the caption of image number 1</div>

This part in your markups also throws an error:

onLoad="MM_preloadImages('./images/home1.jpg','./images/home2.jpg','./images/bio1.jpg','./images/bio2.jpg','./images/services1.jpg','./images/services2.jpg','./images/people1.jpg','./images/people2.jpg','./images/places1.jpg','./images/places2.jpg','./images/wildlife1.jpg','./images/wildlife2.jpg','./images/objects1.jpg','./images/objects2.jpg','./images/events1.jpg','./images/events2.jpg','./images/contact1.jpg','./images/contact2.jpg')"

...I've removed this in your markups and added this in image-slideshow.js so that it works together with your gallery's onload.

You also don't have a div for your large image's caption, and maybe you don't need it, but for future references, I just added it to your markups.

Due to a huge number of images which makes this difficult to zip, I'll just send it to you via email as to the address you've given via PM.

Hope this helps.