PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink drop down won't autohide when mouse-out is vertical over header

JHS
05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Script: AnyLink Drop Down Menu

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

When mousing over the script, then moving the mouse straight up over the dropped down menu, the menu does not auto-hide, it stays on the screen.

Mousing over and leaving the menu from either side or the bottom of the drop down menu does cause the menu to auto-hide, leaving straight up does not.

What controls this?

Is there a way to adjust this setting?

Thank you!

ddadmin
05-28-2008, 08:26 PM
If you're leaving the drop down menu DIV and into the anchor link above it, then the menu doesn't hide. This is normal. Is that what you're asking about?

JHS
05-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know what that means. On the web page, when the mouse cursor activates the menu, if I direct the mouse cusor straight up the open menu and off to another area on the page, the activated menu stays open.

If I direct the mouse cursor off either side or the bottom of the menu, the activated menu closes.

ddadmin
05-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Well, usually, the anchor link that activates the drop down menu sits directly above the menu, so by moving upwards, I assume the first thing you run into is the anchor link. Perhaps a link to the problem page would help.

JHS
05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank you.

www.stonehambank.com/index.htm is the page.

JHS
05-29-2008, 09:05 PM
I think I see what you mean. If I leave the menu directly over the anchor link, the script must re-activate the menu and wait for further action. The anchor link isn't the same width as the menu, and leaving the menu up but not over the anchor link causes the menu to auto-hide as expected.

I suspect we may simply have to live with this!

ddadmin
05-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Ok I think I've found the problem. You got me on some goose chase. :) Many of your onMouseout event handlers for your anchor links are misspelled:

onmouseout="delayhidenmenu()"

The "n" shouldn't be there, resulting in the issue you're seeing.

JHS
05-30-2008, 05:37 PM
1000% better! :D

Sorry about the goose chase. Thank you very much for the help!

I like to practice my typing, but sometimes copy and paste is your best friend!