PDA

View Full Version : Help with coding a calendar!

iwrk4dedpr
06-13-2005, 08:13 PM
[Posted to the Wrong Forum] Will an Admin please repost to the correct forum!

All,

I've downloaded the following DHTML / Javascript calendar from this forum Click Here. (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex6/popcalendar.htm)

It works admirably, but there are a few items I'd like to change. I've tried to contact the listed author at the indicated website. However, I keep getting a mailer-daemon saying unknown host. So I'm stuck with asking how to modify someone elses code by asking here ( not the most ethical but ... )

Essentially his application works fine. However, when the control that has the calling 'onClick' procedure it appears that it takes the XY coordinate of the mouse and not the coordinate of the textbox the user clicks.

Can somebody please take a look at what this author did in his routine and tell me if it's possible to get the calendar that pops up to be aligned not to the mouse but to the control.

Also.

Is it possible to get it so that if the user's mouse exits outside of the calendar that the calendar disappears.

I'm more than willing to to do the coding work if someone is willing to tell me the the wherefore and howto's of the script changes. I'm fairly new to javascript and anything web ( except for using ). However, I'm being asked more and more to make my applications web based so I need to learn.

Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Barry Pettis