PDA

View Full Version : Motion Gallery Jumpy

Jangla
05-23-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

I'm using the motion gallery and I'm finding it really jumpy when there are more than a handful of images loaded into it.

Is there anything that can be done to optimise the code or otherwise improve the performance of the script?

jscheuer1
05-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Generally, it is the size (dimensions) of the images (larger ones being more prone to jumpiness), and the browser/system used to view the gallery that affect that. FF/Mozilla is poor, in my opinion for repetitive animation-like duties in javascript. I'm not aware of any optimizations for those factors.

But, your particular implementation may have other issues. To help determine that:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Jangla
05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately I can't post a link as it's still in development. The images I'm using are only 60px high so it must just be the speed of JS execution in FF.

Regardless, I'm going to have to go for a different solution entirely as there's a bug in the script - rounding errors mean that if you scroll all the way to one side and back again, the left-most edge of the left-most image has moved from it's original position.