PDA

View Full Version : internal linking within a tabbed interface. help!

glenster
06-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello all,

I just created a tabbed content interface a la this example (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm) on Dynamic Drive. Each tab examines the same topic under different opinions, so all tabs contain the same section headers (header 1, header 2, header 3, etc...). Since the content in each tab is fairly lengthy, I placed a table of contents on the right side that contains links to the top of each section (a href="#header1", a href="#header2"). My problem is this: since each tab contains the same sections, I would like the links in my table of contents to take the user to the same section within each tab. However, as far as I can tell, the links only take you to the marker in the first tab, and only when the first tab is being viewed. If a user is viewing any other tab, the links do nothing. How can I make the links affect every tab the same way?

As a note, the sections in all tabs are all given the name (ie: header 1 of every tab is (a name="header1") and header 2 is (a name="header2").

I hope I've explained my situation clearly enough! I'm a beginner at all of this, so please excuse any ignorance I might have revealed! Thanks in advance everyone.

jscheuer1
06-15-2005, 09:21 AM
I can't imagine what you are talking about but, if you could:

I might.