PDA

View Full Version : Help me….my hard disk is damaged!!!

yana_13
05-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi everyone , I am employed as a manager in a firm. I have a problem that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day, but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged and I had to restart it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during installation and the installation fails.I did check the bios settings and the disk fails to show…and had it checked on another system also…but bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the disk is damaged or something like that.The disk has important data from my company’s point of view…..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this disk!!!!

wackydelistolemydomain
05-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I have a similar problem with my hard drive except, when i try to boot up my XP Home, it will restart at the loading screen, thus, putting it into an endless loop until a power outage or me turning it off.(-_-) and i have no idea what is going on.
so, if anyone can help me too...

jscheuer1
05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
@yana_13

There are data recovery services and software available. Get on another machine and Google for them. It will cost you something, and you will have to decide which is best (doing it yourself by purchasing some software, or hiring someone) for you. Another option is a good computer repair shop. If there is one in your area that has a very good reputation, they might be able to fix things. I'm assuming you have little or no good tech support staff on hand at the job. If I'm wrong about that, maybe one of the techs at work can fix it.

Some or all of the above may also apply to wackydelistolemydomain's problem.

For both of you, there really isn't enough information in either of your posts to determine a sure fire method of fixing things. However, if you boot using 'safe mode' you might be able to figure something out - assuming you can boot into safe mode:

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=boot+safe+mode+XP&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

But be CAREFUL! You don't want to make things any worse than they already are.

roserio_1156
05-21-2008, 08:23 AM
I think that your disk is probably damaged …cannot guess any other reason for failure.There may be some problem in the controllers or can be another thing.The best way is to get a professional team that can recover data from . They can be your best resort as they have tools and ways to get the things done.

All the best to you.

tfit
05-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Your disk is probably be gone, but if you are lucky you might be able to see it and restore some of your files. I tried testdisk and i had varying success in restoring some files.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk