PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Group of Layers to Multiple Existing PSD

Gooey
05-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm stumped, so I turned to you guys. Hope you can help.

I have a PSD file consisting of one group of text layers (TEXT GROUP). I have 131 image files that need to include the exact same group of text layers.

I would like to automate the task of duplicating TEXT GROUP into each of these image files. However, the duplicate dialog indicates that I have to select the title of an open or new file for each duplication. I thought I could batch process this task, but I don't know how to write the action that lets me duplicate TEXT GROUP without specifying a destination. The batch dialog will allow me to select the folder full of images, but the action script is hanging me up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

djr33
05-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, I see why that might be a problem.

You should consider going about it another way.

One is this:

1. Open your image.

2. Start recording an action.

3. Create [once] everything again. Typing it, format it, whatever.

4. Stop action.

5. Play back the action on all 131 images (note that you can play one action in another as well as save and close the images-- so you can run them all through, without having to start it for each).

Another:

Create an action that refers to a particular image and copies and pastes data from it. Probably WITHIN the action you can open that file and copy then close that file, and paste it into your second image. It's a bit awkward, but would at least be automated.