PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS3 on Apple IBook

boogyman
05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I have inherited an Apple IBook with Photoshop CS3 and I want to clean out the hard drive.
I also do not want to lose the CS3 suite I installed, but I cannot locate the setup / registration files

I have looked in the Photoshop CS3 folder, but I cannot find the registration file that contains the product serial.
So if one of your mac users could help me out I would appreciate it.

djr33
05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Choose the "Photoshop" menu (to the left of file) and "about photoshop" or the equivalent. You'll find the serial number there. That should do something for you. It may in fact help you register again.

Note that adobe trial versions are in fact the full program but simply limited/expiring until you supply the serial.

However, when registering, I believe CS3 requires a secondary confirmation code, so you may need to find that as well.

Backing up the files specifically from the hard drive will be very difficult.

Assuming there is no concern about possible multiple copies (ie the person who sold you the computer, or whatever, still has the disc) you may want to contact adobe and ask their opinion.

techno_race
05-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I believe CS3 requires a secondary confirmation code
Yes, it does, but I believe that a code can be supplied by Apple for 'previous purchasers of any Creative Suite.'

djr33
05-26-2008, 09:34 AM
By adobe?

gadget_lover_0007
09-05-2008, 05:45 AM
I have inherited an Apple IBook with Photoshop CS3 and I want to clean out the hard drive.
I also do not want to lose the CS3 suite I installed, but I cannot locate the setup / registration files

I have looked in the Photoshop CS3 folder, but I cannot find the registration file that contains the product serial.
So if one of your mac users could help me out I would appreciate it.

Are you using Photoshop on Mac? Photoshop Macintosh (http://www.justskins.com/forums/sitemap/f-11.html) or any window version generally does'nt save the password file as it is. Why don't you just put the entire install directory into the new windows..But, you will be required to explicitly set the path of the PSD & other photoshop applications as according to the directory path where you will save it in the new windows.And you won't be able to access the photoshop exe file from the start menu in this case..