PDA

View Full Version : Cookies?! Iframes? OH NOES!

Nailgunpro
05-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Hello, I use a simple PHP Login system on my site, but because I can't afford a domain, I use www.freedomain.co.nr which uses a big iframe to display my site. In the PHP script I tried to set the COOKIE_DOMAIN for my login script to www.my_site.co.nr, but that won't work. Is there a way I can use JS to send the COOKIE_DOMAIN to the iframe, or any other way to make it work?

shotgun_ninja
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
What the heck kind of a web host forces their user's page into an Iframe?

Oh yeah, a free one. ;)

tfit
05-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Not an answer to your question, but have you considered running your own server with some free dns service?

Medyman
05-12-2008, 11:14 PM
What the heck kind of a web host forces their user's page into an Iframe?

Oh yeah, a free one. ;)

You'd be surprised. I've run across several pay ones that do this too. PowWeb is one, for example. Clients come to us with these dinky hosts a lot. By the end of our time with them though, 90% of them switch to a REAL host, so it's all good.

Nailgunpro, sorry to go off topic. I don't have much insight on your problem either. But perhaps this (http://www.quirksmode.org/js/cookies.html) can help.

warandchaos
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
[ANSWER]
Co.nr is a forwarding service which doesn't supply any webspace at all. They load up your webpage in a frame, which is optional, so you dont have to remember a long url. Think shorturl or snipurl, just forwarding.

Sometimes this causes problems due to the frame, a simple way to fix this is to turn off anything which mentions frames or URL masking/hiding.