PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Menu Fire Fox PC/MAC offsetting when scrolling

rd.sail
05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
1) Script Title: Chrome Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://eagleofva.com/test/index.html

3) Describe problem:

Here is the problem. if you open the link above in firefox, then you minimize the window so you can reduce the height of the browser so the center area can be scrolled.

Now Scroll down and go to the the communities or design center link. You will see that the dropdown menu is offset up by the amount that you scrolled.

A little background. The menu lays on a div tag that is always at the bottom of the browser and above the body of the page. The script reads the position by the page, which in some cases we'll have to scroll.

is there away to change the script to be relative to the div tag "footer" instead of the actual page? I have tried a few things with no success.

Thanks you

ddadmin
05-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Hmm is the bottom nav area made static using CSS's position:fixed? Also, did you modify the default structure of the menu- for example, I don't see the use of "rel" attributes inside anchor links to associate a drop down menu with it, as is the case with the default set up.

rd.sail
05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
First, Thank you for the responce.

I did change the structure a little. But first I was using an older script and I started using the latest version to see if it would fixed the problem.

I test the menu intact form the demo version. the same problem occurs.