PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Connection Problems

NuKe_ThIs
05-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey. New to the Forum. Straight to it though.

I use a Wireless Toshiba laptop and for some reason unbenownst to me, it keeps losing wireless signal. I am on BT Broadband (advertised at 5 meg). I have reset my Home Hub numerous times but it still insists on losing the signal about once a day. When I reset the Hub, it solves the problem, but only until the next day. I only ever use my laptop in the living room, which is 6 feet away from the Hub or in my bedroom which is directly above the hallway where the Hub is.

I'm running Windows Vista™ Home Premium with SP1 Update powered by 2Gb RAM with Dual-Core 1.6Ghz Processor.

Can anyone diagnose any obvious reason for the problem?

NuKe_ThIs
05-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the fantastic help! <.<

No-one could spare half a minute to even offer some advice....

tfit
05-11-2008, 07:44 PM
What router type / what laptop model?

djr33
05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Don't get annoyed with us. I doubt anyone has an answer. Routers simply mess up a lot-- we've all had it happen. Answers like "restart the router" and "buy a new one" aren't very helpful either.
By BT I assume you mean bluetooth as well. That's new technology, something few of us have tried, also.

Certainly sorry to hear it's not working, but I don't have any ideas to help you. Sorry.

Ryan Fitton
06-28-2008, 11:54 AM
if u are using your laptop to connect to the inernet wirelessly, its may not be the routers broadband connection, instead it may be the wireless connection, it may be out of range.

Ryan Fitton
06-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I suggest moving your router if its possible and see if it works better. :)