PDA

View Full Version : Pausing up-down message scroller



jml810
06-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Pausing up-down message scroller
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm

If anyone could help I'd be really grateful - I'm using this script in IE6 with 5 items for scrolling. For some reason it displays the first two no problem but then from then on just scrolls with "undefined" for every item.

It's working fine if I view the page in FF but not in IE6.

Any thoughts?

jscheuer1
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
oafgharu

mpac
09-29-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm having the exact same problem.

www.dhkinc.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ozz
02-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I have the same problem as well.

I am testing it out to see if it works before I put it into my site.

http://eteamz.active.com/NorthXtreme/news/

Has anyone found the solution to the problem?

jscheuer1
02-10-2006, 05:39 AM
mpac's link has this script working properly now, so have a look at his code. Ozz, I did have a look at your link but, didn't see a scroller on the page.

xynjav
02-23-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm having the same issue.

Looked at MPAC's code, but it doesn't help since he's only scrolling 1 item.

Works great in every browser except IE

Here's the page:

http://www.nmrailrunner.com/index3.asp

jscheuer1
02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
There is a script conflict with numenu.js. Both it and the scroller rely upon the variable i to count things out. Both are using the variable in the global sense. The scroller needs to do this but the numenu.js script does not. So, its text can be changed to:


activateMenu = function(nav) {

/* currentStyle restricts the Javascript to IE only */
if (document.all && document.getElementById('nav').currentStyle) {
var navroot = document.getElementById('nav');

/* Get all the list items within the menu */
var lis=navroot.getElementsByTagName("LI");
for (var i=0; i<lis.length; i++) {

/* If the LI has another menu level */
if(lis[i].lastChild.tagName=="UL"){

/* assign the function to the LI */
lis[i].onmouseover=function() {

/* display the inner menu */
this.lastChild.style.display="block";
}
lis[i].onmouseout=function() {
this.lastChild.style.display="none";
}
}
}
}
}
window.onload= function(){
/* pass the function the id of the top level UL */
/* remove one, when only using one menu */
activateMenu('nav');
activateMenu('vertnav');
}

That will fix things in IE for xynjav. You other folks may want to change each instance of 'i' used as a variable in the scroller script to another variable unlikely to be used by any other script, like 'xdt'. An easy way to do this is to get the script in a text editor all by itself. Do a global search and replace on the letter i. Replace with xdt. Set your replace text dialogue to case sensitive, whole words only first though.

Note: To xynjav, when you say that it looks good in all other browsers, you can't mean Opera.