PDA

View Full Version : Assistance- Ajax Tabs Content

wurdz
05-05-2008, 08:53 PM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content Script (v 2.2)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I've successfully implemented this script, however one bug is bugging me. Each time I click on the link, the page jumps up. The page doesn't maintain it's position vertically. Can't figure it out!!!! It doesn't do this on a previous site I created. Just this new one.

Please respond and I will PM the link to the site. Thanks for your assistance.

ddadmin
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
If the remote content loaded into the Ajax container is longer than that which the visible area within the browser can fit, the page may jump up to where the remote content begins. But to be sure that's the issue here, please post a link to the problem page.

wurdz
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Is there any way to disable the jump to the top of the called content? :)

ddadmin
05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
You can probably work around this issue by getting creative, but if I recall correctly (the issue has been asked before on the forums), the issue is really just the way browsers react when a long piece of content is suddenly inserted into the document that's longer than the browser's visible vertical height- in this case, the browser jumps to the starting point of this new content for usability reasons.

I may be able to suggest a "creative" solution, but it really depends on how your page is set up, so we'll need a link to the problem page.

wurdz
05-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Sounds good, DDadmin. I'd love to send you a link, but would like to do so privately. How do I send you a private message? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

ddadmin
05-07-2008, 03:24 AM
You can just email me (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/contact.htm) the URL. Until you're a confirmed registered member (>5 posts), you won't be able to pm others on the forum.

wurdz
05-07-2008, 04:28 AM
Sounds great. I'll do that.

wurdz
05-07-2008, 04:28 AM
P.S. Thanks.