PDA

View Full Version : Content Glider vs. Firefox 2.0.0.14

RealityRoy
05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
1) Script Title: Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.htm

3) Describe problem: I've created a nice page using Content Glider and it works perfectly with IE, but not with Firefox:

www.thesotos.net/test.html

Any thoughts?
Roy
roysoto@yahoo.com

jscheuer1
05-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Your code is very sloppy, though don't feel too bad, I've seen much worse. You should use HTML 4.01 strict or transitional, in your case transitional would be easier. Then validate your HTML markup and it should work. It did here.

W3c validator:

http://validator.w3.org/

RealityRoy
05-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Huh, thanks...never tried that before! I've switched to 4.01 transitional and gotten it down from 64 to 14 errors and still slogging my way through my sloppiness. Still not working with firefox, but hopefully it will when I figure these other errors out.

jscheuer1
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM
If you need any help with any of them, feel free to ask. The validator can sometimes appear cryptic in its remarks and suggestions until you get used to it.

RealityRoy
05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Amazing stuff...I got it down to 5 errors and as soon a I got rid of the old "valign="top" line it magically started working on Firefox. So I'm going to call that a big fat win, and stop while I'm ahead. Thanks!

And I think the problem is that I copy/paste elements of websites that I've written over the past 10 years creating a disgusting morass of unvalidated slop!

My apologies to the world of code organization and thanks again! :)

jscheuer1
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Well I noticed, as I played around with it, that a number of errors could remain, yes, but also that there were more than one error preventing it from working. Removing all errors by (in my case) getting rid of everything on the page except the script and its content, with each content replaced with a single character - the quick test method - worked fine in all browsers.