PDA

View Full Version : Class unregistered in DD script.

solutie
06-09-2005, 03:28 PM
DD provided the following script.
function makevisible(cur,which){
//Highlight image script- By Dynamic Drive
//For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
//This credit MUST stay intact for use
strength=(which==0)? 1 : 0.2
if (cur.style.MozOpacity)
cur.style.MozOpacity=strength
else if (cur.filters)
cur.filters.alpha.opacity=strength*100
}

IE recognizes an error in line:
else if (cur.filters)
Error message: Class has not been registered.

It seems to be a problem on my local machine and I know that it has worked befor allright. What might have happened to generate this error and what is the solution? Thanks.

jscheuer1
06-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Works fine here. Can you get it to not work live? If so, provide a link. What version of IE are you using and, what OS?

solutie
06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Ji John,

I have three computers, only one of them is malfunctioning as described. So it is a local problem.
I run XP-Home and IE6-SP2 (on all three PC's).
I use this at http://home.tiscali.nl/jilleweb/muziektheorie.htm. Click > Examens A > Serie A > Vraag 1. The buttons A/B/C/D show all bright in my IE.

Thanks for your effort and attention.

jscheuer1
06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
OK, well it is not a script problem then, obviously. Try clearing the cache, you might have a corrupt copy of the page cached. If that doesn't work, check to make sure your computer is free of viruses and spyware. If that's not it, try resetting the web defaults (tools - Reset Web Settings . . . - Yes). This will change any custom security and display settings changes you have made to their defaults. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall IE.

solutie
06-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling IE proved not to be the solution. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

solutie
07-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I solved the problem by clearing and re-installing my entire system from scrach. I installed SP2 from the free Windows CD-ROM in save mode.
The advantage is, that my system is clear now as it were new.

jscheuer1
07-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Geez, and I thought I was perhaps being a bit extreme in suggesting an explorer reinstall. Good work! Glad things are in order now.