PDA

View Full Version : Combine DD tab menu and Drop down tabs question

mlcampbe
04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
1) Script Title:
Drop Down tab and dd tab menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddtabmenu.htm and
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
I like the looks of example 3 in the dd tab menu with the black background and red highlight of the current menu item. However, I don't like the 2nd level menu below it. I found drop down tab menu and that has the drop downs I prefer but not the colors.

I've tried combining the 2 styles but not getting all of the features working. For example, I have the color scheme and drop down working together but I can't make the currently active tab stay highlighted after the mouse leaves the menu.

Any ideas??

ddadmin
04-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Well, DD Tab Menu (ie: Example 3) doesn't really have a sub menu per say- the 2nd level is just a horizontal line of text. So are you really asking how to customize Drop Down Tabs so its top level menu items resemble Example 3 of DD Tab Menu? If so, which Drop Down Tabs Example specifically are you talking about?

mlcampbe
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Correct, DD tab menu does not have a sub menu but I like the colors of the main bar (black background with red highlight, font size, etc..). I'd like to get rid of the 2nd level horizontal menu and replace that with a true drop down menu such as example 5 in drop down tabs. I chose example 5 since I can figure out how to customize its colors and fonts if someone can get it working.

ddadmin
05-01-2008, 02:35 AM
If you're familiar with CSS, the cross over is basically just cut and replace, since the top level menus in both scripts basically have identical HTML structures. Anyhow, I've made the changes for you. Download dropdowntabs-6.zip below, which is just like the original dropdowntabs.zip file, but with a 6th example based on what you requested above.

mlcampbe
05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Perfect - that is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it.