PDA

View Full Version : Why does menu not work in IE?

daraoconnor
04-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Could anyone help?

Could you look at

in both FF and IE Can you tell me why the Example 1 is not showing properly in IE but is fine in FF?
This is happening to quite a lot of menus I try and as I'm only learning CSS I can't fathom why
Any suggestions?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Dara

Medyman
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
They look the same to me in IE7, IE6, FF2, and Opera 9. What exactly is the problem?

One thing wrong though is that you're using a closing head tag. Add </head> before your <body> tag.

daraoconnor
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
The problem is the top menu Example 1 should be a horizontal menu like the others but it appears down the left side. Adding </head> doen't fix it I'm afraid.

Medyman
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
The problem is the top menu Example 1 should be a horizontal menu like the others but it appears down the left side. Adding </head> doen't fix it I'm afraid.

Weird...

Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing? I'm really not seeing that in any browser... IE6, IE7, Fx, Opear, Safari on PC.

You're not using IE on a Mac by any chance, are you?

ddadmin
04-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

daraoconnor
04-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks, It's fine now, thanks for all your help.

rangana
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear you find the fix all by yourself ;)

...but would you mind sharing it to us how you fixed it and what error was it? :)

daraoconnor
04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Not sure to honest think it was because my js wasn't in the right place and I was missing a <dev> Been messing with it so long I forgot what I've changed in the end. Still having problems with getting the image to resize to 100% in IE6 but I'm sure more tweaking will do it!