PDA

View Full Version : End of trial period for flash mx! :)

hyk
04-25-2008, 04:41 AM
Hi there. I asking of behalf of my friend whose trial period for flash mx is going to end soon. He using it to do a mini-project of sorts but his project is progressing .

My qns is since his trial is going to end soon, could he use maybe flash 8 ( another trial version) or any version which is quite similar to flash mx to continue doing the project. after completing the project( all the stuff he did). could he convert or transfer it to flash mx again? Is the converter for the flash conversion free ?

Any advice or help is greatly appericated, please do not give suggestions of using non-legal means ( since its also against the forum rules) :)

Thanks for your time & reading :)

Nile
04-25-2008, 04:43 AM
I think that it is the same file format, from what I understand is that if hes using another version he can trial it. Otherwise it says something like "You already have used this, pelase buy it". So, my answer will be "Yes." from my knowledge. But just test it out.
Hope this Helps,
Nile

hyk
04-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Ya. thanks Nile, that was what i was suggesting to him, using flash 8 to continue doing what he left off.

btw, he is not doing in actionscript( using more of frames &timelines, actionscript for those buttons etc), he is doing a powerpoint for study materials of sorts for the school .

So how is he going to transfer the present stuff which he done already to flash 8 ?
I might have make my point clear in my post.

Nile
04-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Like I said, I don't really have knowledge in flash, but I think that they have the same format though. If he uninstalls the current trial(when its done). And he gets another trial version, and opens up his project, I think that it will work. Trian and Error, if it doesn't work, I'm sure that he can find a converter online, if not, one to download, and if he can't find anything, see if his school has anything he can use. If not I don't know why they would go and give him the project.
Hope this Helps,
Nile

hyk
04-25-2008, 05:07 AM
K thanks again Nile

if he can't find anything, see if his school has anything he can use. If not I don't know why they would go and give him the project

If the school won`t help him, he is dead :D

Nile
04-25-2008, 05:39 AM
Alright, glad to try to help you.
Lol,
Nile

tfit
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
If he has a decent pc and sufficient memory he can finish his project with virtualpc installed

hyk
04-26-2008, 06:11 PM
If he has a decent pc and sufficient memory he can finish his project with virtualpc installed

hi tfit,
My school use virtualpc sometimes. How should I use this program? just google for it & install it?

tfit
04-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Microsoft bought it so you can download it there. Or virtualbox, but network connection is that easy as virtualpc.

hyk
04-28-2008, 07:41 AM
thanks again tfit. He using a trial of flash 8. well, perhaps he might ask me to find a converter from flash 8 to flash mx for him

Medyman
04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
You can open older verisons of flash files in a new version. So if you have a Flash MX 2004 version, just open it in Flash 8, Flash CS3...there shouldn't be any problems.

But you can't open newer formats in older versions. And you can't save to any version that is lower than the previous version. So I, as a CS3 user, cann't save to anything lower than Flash 8. But I can open Flash 5 .fla files, no problem.

HTH

hyk
04-28-2008, 05:11 PM
k thanks alot medyman. I let him know 1st thing in the morning :)