PDA

View Full Version : Highlight Table Cells Script Alt Tags Missing

chuckpearson
04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
1) Script Title: Highlight Table Cells Scrip

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/highlighttable.htm

3) Describe problem: I've noticed that in Safari and FF the alt tag on any images in the table don't work when using this script. Is there a fix? It's not good to hide alt tags.

Nile
04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
You may have to also add a title, add this to your table:

title="alt(you chose)"

Hope this Helps,
Nile

chuckpearson
04-24-2008, 10:19 PM
that worked, thanks!

Nile
04-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Anytime. ;)
Firefox and Safari don't support the alt tag. So they need to support one tooltip info tag, so they have title. But keep in the alt for IE users.
It'd be easier if all the ran on the same thing, except VB Script, that was never fun. :p

rangana
04-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Anytime. ;)
Firefox and Safari don't support the alt tag. So they need to support one tooltip info tag, so they have title. But keep in the alt for IE users.
It'd be easier if all the ran on the same thing, except VB Script, that was never fun. :p

I maybe at mistake, but FF do support alt tags...it's just that they don't appear when the image is available :)

...ALT tags is important aside from it's a validation requirement, FF outputs the ALT tags (alternate text) when the image is not available.

Op,
The title tag could also be useful, which appears fine in FF and IE ;)

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Nile
04-25-2008, 02:18 AM
You are correct. It doesn't display as a tooltip, but as a broken image fixer, this is why its good to have alt text. If the image can't be displayed, you can also describe it. So always include both title and alt.