PDA

View Full Version : Drop Down Tabs Help

phisaw
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
script: Drop Down Tabs (5 styles)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

I finally got the tabs to show on my page - (being a newbie doesn't help much). Now the problem I'm having is that I changed the color from black to navy. Then I noticed that the tab for the main menu and the drop downs have underlines. So I recopied the page for sliding doors (where I changed color) and refreshed my page. Now the main menu has black text with a navy underline and light blue underline on hover. The drop down also has an underline in black like the text and after visiting the text and underline change to navy.

I would like for it to be like the example, no underlining of text at any time and I would like for the text to stay the same even if visited.

If anyone can tell me what I've done wrong, I would appreciate it and don't forget - I'm a newbie!!
Thanks,
Phisaw

rangana
04-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Could you provide a link to the page you were referring ;)

...Basically, it's text-decoration:none; that would help you with this regards :)

phisaw
04-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks, rangana for the reply. The page I'm working on is only on our local intranet. I've not posted it to the web - it's something only in trial at jobsite.

I've went thru the code for the slidingdoors tab menu and changed all instances to text-decoration: none; and the text is still underlined. I did notice the items are not underlined until they are visited for the first time. I didn't see any code to account for visited.
Can you still help with the information provided? I can supply page codes, if necessary.
Again, thanks for your time and help.
Phisaw

Nile
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Make a visited one and copy and paste the one for default, see if that works. ;)
Hope this Helps,
Nile

phisaw
04-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Nile, for the quick reply. I'm really a newbie and just limping along with this, but have been given the task at work. Would it be possible for you to at point me in the right direction with some visited code?

Btw, how do I insert code I'm using to one of the scrollable boxes within my message?

Thanks,
Phisaw

phisaw
04-24-2008, 04:36 PM
After much trial and error, I now have it working the way I want.
Thanks to those who offered help.
Phisaw