PDA

View Full Version : Click pic to reveal a larger picture to the left w/copy

gpechauer
04-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I have a two-col. .css layout for a product specification page. In the left column, will be pictures of product (small thumbs). When one is clicked, it brings up a large picture of it in the right column along with copy, bullet copy and an illustration.

Cllick on another thumb and that info in the right col. leaves to be replaced with another large product pic, copy, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time and help.

Greg Pechauer

jscheuer1
04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm

gpechauer
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
John,

Thanks, guess I should have did a search first.

Looking at the .css which is the "loadarea" .div, I presume for copy, all I need do is a <p></p> or what ever to include a copy block, bullet copy, etc?

I'm using this as a list of product images on a two col. page:

1. Thumbs in left col. and right col. to reveal each new large pic with product copy. Kind of a "specification sheet" that keeps loading information into the same .div when a different thumb is clicked.

Right?

Thanks for your time and help!
Greg

jscheuer1
04-24-2008, 03:42 PM
You place your copy in the link's title attribute. To prevent it from also appearing at the mouse pointer when the user hovers over the thumbnail image, you can give the thumbnail image a short descriptive title attribute.

Just make sure your target division (loadarea in the demo) has plenty of room in it for the copy.