PDA

View Full Version : Vertical scroll problem with equal columns script

dwyerm91
04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
1) Script Title:

2) Script URL (on DD):

3) Describe problem: The equal columns script solved my problem with achieving equal height columns. Thank you very much for making this script available. Unfortunately, the script has a side effect of not allowing me to scroll to the very bottom of the page. When I scroll to the very bottom of the page, the scroll bar bounces back up about 1 or 2 lines. My bandaid approach to this problem is to add 50px of margin to the bottom of the body (suggested by another forum member). The inability to scroll to the bottom and the bounce back effect occurs in both IE 6 and 7. I've proven that the script is the culprit by taking it out and trying to scroll without the script being active.

If there is no more logical solution to this problem, I will just leave the 50 px margin at the bottom of the body. However, I hate bandaids and would like a more logical solution if someone can devise one.

You can see the problem at http://www.mtdwyerphoto.com/About.htm

Thank you,
Michael

rangana
04-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Your script is the real cause of this issue ;)

Find the highlighted code in your equalcolumn.js :)

ddequalcolumns.columnswatch=["pgcontentlftcol", "pgcontentrtcol", "pagecontent"]

This div does'nt exist...it is page_content instead :)

dwyerm91
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Rangana,

Actually it is not completely fixed. In IE7, the bounce effect is gone, but now I notice that my right column bleeds over into my footer. In IE6, the bounce effect is still there.

Do you have any idea what could be causing that to happen?

Thank you,
Michael

dwyerm91
06-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Can anyone help? I still have the problem of the column bleeding over into my footer. See it at www.mtdwyerphoto.com.

Thank you,
Michael

rangana
06-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Find this part in your equalcolumns.js:

ddequalcolumns.timer=setTimeout("ddequalcolumns.resetHeights()", 200)}, "resize")

Try to play with the highlighted. Set it to 2 seconds (2000).
See if it helps.