PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Radio buttons and text box

balushahi
04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Looking for Javascript for:
1 - I've got: category 1 radio category2 radio category 3 radio(selecting this one would select all radio buttons under this category- column)
item1a radio item1b radio item1c radio (any 1 can be selected in this row)
item2 radio item2a radio item2c radio
itemn radio itemnb radio itemnc radio

The above one is to onSelect the top radio button would select all in the same column

2 - The text box1 - apply this value to all
textbox2 - n-tier
textbox3 - Direct
textboxn - Mail

"the apply this value" is clicked, the all other textboxes would be filled in with the value of textbox1.

I hope I've explained my situation clear :)

boogyman
04-21-2008, 03:38 PM
all you are stating is that you have a bunch of radio buttons. you cannot select multiple radio buttons of the "same group", if you want to allow multiple selections from a "group" use checkboxes.

other then that i do not really understand exactly what you are asking. can you post the url to the site with the problematic code so we can better help you troubleshoot

balushahi
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the reply - I can't give the URL for its on intranet site.

There is no option for using check boxes because
I've got a table with 4 columns and 10 rows. Every row has 4 options out of which only can be selected.
But the first row of the table also has 4 options and only one can be selected, but with this selection, all other radio buttons under this column are also selected.

the other javascript I'm looking for is - I've got 10 rows with label and text field. The first row's label says apply the value of this text box to all other text boxes. Which means that when user clicks on that text link - apply all - the value of this text box is copied to all other text boxes.

Does this make any sense?

Again, thanks for your help and prompt response