PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox hides Flash movies

scouture
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm working on a site for an art exposition. I use a Flash menu and lytebox (which I found here :) ) to show samples of his artwork.

However when lytebox is activated, the Flash menu dissapears in the background.

You can see what I mean here:
http://www.caricowboy.com/index2.html
Click on the exposition button and theres a link for an image there.

By the way, the content in the middle is in an iframe.

Is there a fix for this??

Medyman
04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
That's the default behavior because having flash in the background causes a lot of problems. Fixable problems, but problems none the less (that most people don't know how to fix).

Anyway, first source you should look always are the documentation of any particular application/script/whatever you're using. Believe it or not, the developer might have anticipated your needs. So, direct from the Lytebox docs:

/*** Start Global Configuration ***/
this.theme = 'grey'; // themes: grey (default), red, green, blue, gold
this.hideFlash = true; // controls whether or not Flash objects should be hidden
this.outerBorder = false; // controls whether to show the outer grey (or theme) border
this.resizeSpeed = 8; // controls the speed of the image resizing (1=slowest and 10=fastest)
this.maxOpacity = 80; // higher opacity = darker overlay, lower opacity = lighter overlay
this.navType = 1; // 1 = "Prev/Next" buttons on top left and left (default), 2 = "<< prev | next >>" links next to image number
this.autoResize = true; // controls whether or not images should be resized if larger than the browser window dimensions
this.doAnimations = true; // controls whether or not "animate" Lytebox, i.e. resize transition between images, fade in/out effects, etc.
this.borderSize = 12; // if you adjust the padding in the CSS, you will need to update this variable -- otherwise, leave this alone...
/*** End Global Configuration ***/

/*** Configure Slideshow Options ***/
this.slideInterval = 10000; // Change value (milliseconds) to increase/decrease the time between "slides" (10000 = 10 seconds)
this.showNavigation = true; // true to display Next/Prev buttons/text during slideshow, false to hide
this.showClose = true; // true to display the Close button, false to hide
this.showDetails = true; // true to display image details (caption, count), false to hide
this.showPlayPause = true; // true to display pause/play buttons next to close button, false to hide
this.autoEnd = true; // true to automatically close Lytebox after the last image is reached, false to keep open
this.pauseOnNextClick = false; // true to pause the slideshow when the "Next" button is clicked
this.pauseOnPrevClick = true; // true to pause the slideshow when the "Prev" button is clicked
/*** End Slideshow Configuration ***/

Also, you're probably going to run into z-index problems. In which case this (http://joshuaink2006.johnoxton.co.uk/blog/82/flash-content-and-z-index) will come in handy.

scouture
04-19-2008, 12:50 AM
beautiful... thanks

no z-index problems.. so far. but a handy article to have in the bookmarks

ddadmin
04-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.