PDA

View Full Version : new to javascript

mindiapolis
04-17-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm totally new to javascript. I need to do a popout menu on www.fountainchurch.org/aboutUs.html. I'm using this code

<ul id="nav"> <li><a href="#">Percoidei</a> <ul> <li><a href="#">Remoras</a></li> <li><a href="#">Tilefishes</a></li> <li><a href="#">Bluefishes</a></li> <li><a href="#">Tigerfishes</a></li> </ul> </li> <li><a href="#">Anabantoidei</a> <ul> <li><a href="#">Climbing perches</a></li> <li><a href="#">Labyrinthfishes</a></li> <li><a href="#">Kissing gouramis</a></li> <li><a href="#">Pike-heads</a></li> <li><a href="#">Giant gouramis</a></li> </ul> </li>
from http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/ but I don't know where to put the code.

Monteeun
04-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi, i'm also new to javascript as well. I only know how to use them but i am totally new to creating them

I thought I put my question in the same thread....(apologies if it seems rude)

I'm suppose to create a button that generates a random number when clicked. I did that...and now i'm asked to use that random number to access a value of an array and changing the html properties.

After creating the number, i'm just stumped. If anyone can give me hints...i'll be grateful

mindiapolis
04-18-2008, 01:13 AM
actually these are two different questions.