PDA

View Full Version : Step Carousel Change

darrenalawi
04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
1) Script Title: Step Carousel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem:
Not so much a problem as a question. First of all thanks for this amazing carousel it was perfect for what I was looking for, you guys got skills.

Question: Is there a way to get the step to loop? I have changed the onclick to onmouseover, but I want it to keep on sliding until some takes their mouse off, is this an easy change (easy for you guys)?

ddadmin
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
By onmouseover, are you talking about over the navigation controls themselves (ie: back/foward buttons), or the Slides themselves? Also, did you take into consideration how long the script should pause between each slide?

I do have plans to add a "slideshow" mode feature to the script the next time it's updated, though it's different from the above in that the script basically will start sliding automatically when the page loads per a user defined interval until any of the navigation controls are clicked on, in which the slideshow switches back to manual mode.

AndyMP
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Is it possible to change this script to scroll vertically as opposed to horizontally ?

ddadmin
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
That's actually also something planned for the next release.

AndyMP
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Awesome. This is the most annoying of questions, so sorry in advance, but any ETA on the next release ?

ddadmin
04-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Hmm I'd say realistically within the next 30 days.

darrenalawi
04-16-2008, 10:37 AM
By onmouseover, are you talking about over the navigation controls themselves (ie: back/foward buttons), or the Slides themselves? Also, did you take into consideration how long the script should pause between each slide?

I do have plans to add a "slideshow" mode feature to the script the next time it's updated, though it's different from the above in that the script basically will start sliding automatically when the page loads per a user defined interval until any of the navigation controls are clicked on, in which the slideshow switches back to manual mode.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I was talking about the nav controls, I want to basically allow a user to keep the mouse button down on a control and the slides continue to move on the next until they let go. Does that make sense?

ddadmin
04-18-2008, 05:30 AM
Sorry for the delay. Try the following to make the carousel auto slide as the mouse is over a link. First, add the below script to your page:

<script type="text/javascript">

function autostep(galleryid, steps, interval){
if (typeof window['timer'+galleryid]!="undefined")
clearInterval(window['timer'+galleryid])
window['timer'+galleryid]=setInterval(function(){stepcarousel.stepBy(galleryid, steps)}, interval+500)
}

function autostepstop(galleryid){
if (typeof window['timer'+galleryid]!="undefined")
clearInterval(window['timer'+galleryid])
}

</script>

Then for your navigation links, they may look something like:

<a href="#" onMouseover="autostep('mygallery', -1, 500)" onMouseout="autostepstop('mygallery')">Back 1 Panel</a> <a href="#" onMouseover="autostep('mygallery', 1, 500)" onMouseout="autostepstop('mygallery')" style="margin-left: 100px">Forward 1 Panel</a> <br />

where "mygallery", 1, and 500 represent the id of the carousel, the steps to take each time (negative means backwards), and the interval between slides.