PDA

View Full Version : Checkbox Data converted to plain text

pranceatron
04-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I am a first time user, I hope I've come to the right place--

1) Script Title: (Unknown) Text Generator from Checkbox?

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-8459.html

3) Describe problem: This script is basically what I want, except I would like the data collected to be in one continuous plain text block rather than the results on separate lines/list format.

What I want it for is to list an item on my webpage for sale, with all the flaws noted in a plain english description. For example, I may want to note the degree of 'paint wear' on something, or how much wear it has - so if I made a form that has checkboxes for

has paint wear
has orange spots
has a strange odor

and then ticked all or some of them, the text created would read

"has paint wear, orange spots, strange odor."

Even better than this would the ability to be able to note the degree of one or more of these adjectives - like for "paint wear" I could chose from "a lot" to "very little" for example.

Can anyone please help me out? I've looked online for hours and this script above is the only thing I've found that's even close to what I want.
I plan to just copy+paste the resulting text into my HTML document. There will be no need for any other user to be ticking boxes or even seeing what things are checked/not checked.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry - just realized this post is in the wrong subforum >_< Feel free to delete/move.