PDA

View Full Version : slide menu lost after clicking a menu item

SSD
04-10-2008, 09:26 AM
1) Script Title: Fold-out external menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slideinmenu4.htm

3) Describe problem: If one of the links in the menu is clicked, the new page is loaded but the menu is not available after that. So, If I need to go back to another link on the menu, I have no option. What should be done to make the sliding in menu available for any page that I open using the links in the menu.

Thanks,
SSD

rangana
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
You should have the same script and CSS in every page ;)

...If it was inserted in one page only, then it will only be visible in that page and not in otehr page..hope makes sense :)

SSD
04-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your time rangana. But I would like to know if there are other ways to do it instead of inserting the script to each and every page. My project is quite huge and this solution isn't feasible to me.

rangana
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes,...make your CSS and JS external...so that when you add it in your page, you'll use only:
JS:

<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript source">

CSS:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css source">

Just note that in your external CSS,,,there should be no <style type="text/css"></style>

...and in your external JS, there should be no <script type="text/javascript"></script>

Hope that helps ;)

SSD
04-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks, it helped.

SSD
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
When I include this menu in a page where I embed a virtual earth page, the virtual earth page doesn't get loaded up. Only the fold out menu is seen. Any pointers?

Thanks.