PDA

View Full Version : Fire the Fox!

sunny
06-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Well,
It's been quiet some time,when the firefox was released.It looked good as a replacement for opera as well as IE.But recently I have started facing the problem of FF being crashed whenever i Rightclick. Is there any solution.

mwinter
06-06-2005, 06:16 PM
[...] I have started facing the problem of FF being crashed whenever i Rightclick.The only issue I've had with Firefox has been due to a third-party extension that destroyed interface functionality after an upgrade. I ended up removed all extensions manually then reinstalling them.

If you have any extenstions, try removing any that affect right-clicking (including any that modify the context menu) one-by-one. Make sure that you completely close Firefox after each uninstallation.

If you don't find the cause, then I can only suggest removing Firefox completely, making sure that both the installation directory and profile directories[1] have been deleted (after backing-up bookmarks in your profile, if you want), rebooting, and reinstalling.

I can't guarantee that will help, but that's what I'd probably do. You might want to try asking on the MozillaZine Forums (http://forums.mozillazine.org/) first in case they have any better ideas.

Mike

[1] %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox where %USERPROFILE% is usually C:\Documents and Settings\<login name>

sunny
06-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok,
I'll try to put the question on Mozzila forum.But this problem occured after i had installed the flash plug-in and tried to right click on flash movies(Installing a flash extension didn't make any change to my context menu).That was the story in linux,where i had been using FF for quiet some time.But now recently i have installed it in Windows too.And The Problem is Still the same without any extensions being installed.
Anyway,
Thanks & bye.

dd2me
06-29-2005, 09:30 AM
firefox maybe the best browser, but we still have lots of alternative :)