PDA

View Full Version : Using Mouseovers with CSS style

dennyjim50
04-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello I'm creating a website that has lots of pictures.

I am using this script with in my page

<style type="text/css">

/*Credits: Dynamic Drive CSS Library */
/*URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/ */

.gallerycontainer{
position: relative;
/*Add a height attribute and set to largest image's height to prevent overlaying*/
}

.thumbnail img{
border: 1px solid red;
margin: 0 5px 5px 0;
}

.thumbnail:hover{
background-color: transparent;
}

.thumbnail:hover img{
border: 1px solid black;
}

.thumbnail span{ /*CSS for enlarged image*/
position: absolute;
background-color: black;
padding: 0px;
left: -1000px;
border: 1px dashed black;
visibility: hidden;
color: black;
text-decoration: none;
}

.thumbnail span img{ /*CSS for enlarged image*/
border-width: 0;
padding: 2px;
}

.thumbnail:hover span{ /*CSS for enlarged image*/
visibility: visible;
top: 100;
left: 530px; /*position where enlarged image should offset horizontally */
z-index: 50;
}

</style>

for this is what I want it to do with out having to click,
It's a mouse over.

I have several pages and one of them is called sketches. What I would like to happen is that
When I click on the nav bar to sketches, It opens the page there you will see several links to different galleries IE. SPORTS, CELEBERTIES, POLITICIANS, ROYALTIES. Yet when you first open the page it would have thumbnails say for instant SPORTS for opening page with the other links inside the layout not in the master border.

Now When I click on the other links may it be CELEBERTIES or one of the other links it opens a new window containing thumbnails, I do not want to hit a close button or back button I just want to slide my mouse to one of the other links at the bottom of that window to open the other link with more thumbnails that is a mouse over .... never leaving the main page I am on.

Dear god I am making myself sick rereading this I sound like one of those dumb blond jokes
I am blond and it has no reflection at all on how dumb I can or might be lol lol lol lol......

What I do have to say is my English is not all that great ... a real Heinz 57 a mix of German. English and French master of none :-(((((((( yet English is my best what chance do I have.

So if anyone can read through what I'm trying to say here great and a million and one times THANKS.

Denise

djr33
04-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Guten Tag. Dein Englisch ist sehr gut. Gibt es keine Probleme.
Bitte mach du die Posts in dem korrekt Forum. Jetzt, das ist eine Frage über eine Dynamicdrivescript, ja? Bitte mach due deises Post in die "Dynamic Drive scripts help" Forum. Danke. Nur mach du Einen Post für einem Frage auch. Wir werden er lesen.
Bitte schreib du eine beschreibend Name für dem Post auch, weil es ist gut, das wir können deine Frage vom Namen auskennen. Ich habe "Using Mouseovers with CSS style" ausshcrieben.

Auch... mussen wir der Link für deisen Script haben. Kann du er geben, bitte?

dennyjim50
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the reply but I just realised i was in the wrong forum.

:D

Denise