PDA

View Full Version : Some Problems With Facebox

neverstop
04-03-2008, 11:02 PM
1) Script Title: Facebox image and content viewer (v 1.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/facebox/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi,

I am having some troubles with facebox on a vBulletin forum. Problems I am having are:

I receive an "Object expected" error in IE6 every time a rel="facebox" link is clicked on (whether the facebox works or not, that error always happens).

The #mydiv method does not work in FF2 nor IE6 on vb's showthread.php and forumdisplay.php pages, but does work on the other pages.

The external html page does not seem to work, it hangs on the "loading" gif.

The only method that works for me on all pages is the href="image.jpg" method, but that still gives the error message as described above in IE6.

The site I am doing using this on has adult content, I will post a link if requested.

Cheers

ddadmin
04-04-2008, 07:43 AM
It's hard to tell without seeing the page live. Please pm me the link then.

neverstop
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Hmm I see no option to PM you in your profile....

Well I have manged to fix the IE error (object expected), I think It had something to do with google analytics code because I moved my GA code and now that error has stopped...

I was unable to duplicate the #mydiv method not working on a 3.6.x version of vBulletin. However in the latest version (3.7.0) I was able to duplicate the error on a unmodified style. So vBulletin must have changed something in their forumdisplay and showthread files/templates between 3.6 and 3.7.

However, this may all be a moot point as the file method seems to be working fine on all pages, so a solution is not really necessary.

Cheers,
Ian

ddadmin
04-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Ah yes as a new member you can't use the pm function (until you reach 5+ posts). Anyhow, I gather you've managed to solve your problem?